Saturday, June 28, 2008

so...

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time now, but never actually got around to doing it until today. I guess an introduction of sorts is in order, in case anyone ever actually starts reading, haha.

Who am I?

I'm not sure I want to make this un-anonymous right now, so I'll leave out my name. I'm 21 years old, work part time as a pharmacy technician, am trying to figure out what I want to do with my life - as such, I just completed my 3rd year of community college without declaring a major...pretty much everything else will be revealed as I go, I suppose. Oh yeah, and I'm fat. Not just vanity pounds fat - 300 plus pounds fat. The reason this blog exists.

Why she overflows?

The name actually comes from the lyrics of The River and the Highway by country singer Pam Tillis. I used to listen to it a lot when I was a kid, but never really understood the lyrics until I re-listened to it as an "adult" (still a little difficult to consider myself an adult, haha). For some reason, this line sticks with me: And every now and then, she overflows. I definitely feel that I'm overflowing - physically, mentally, I'm kind of a pretty big mess.

Why blog?

I plan to chronicle my second weightloss journey here. Between the ages of about 15 and 20, I lost and regained 100 pounds. Yes, I regained 100 pounds. Actually, 95, but 100 is a little more striking. Either way, it sucks. I suck. I have much more to say on the topic, but that's why I decided to blog about it! Also, I plan to review diet and fitness books and products I've tried/plan to try.

Why now?

Why not? Also, I must confess...I needed an opportunity to enter a contest on the wonderfully inspiring Pasta Queen's blog, and figured, why not do both at once? So until I get some establishment here, and even afterward, why not watch her lose 100 pounds in 7 seconds?



So...

I know no one's reading now, but hopefully that changes soon! I think having this extra outlet will hopefully aid in my weightloss journey, which I plan to write more about in my next post. I also hope that I can show anyone else who's gained weight back that its not impossible to do it again (also hope to prove this to myself!).

No comments: